Back to Blog
Our Five Favorite Parts of Thanksgiving Dinner at O&H
It's getting chilly outside, which means Thanksgiving is almost upon us! We at Lady Luck Casino® Caruthersville love this holiday as much as you do. That's why we're hosting Thanksgiving Dinner at Otis & Henry's® Bar and Grill. It's a classic feast with all the fixings. Here are our five favorite things about it.
1. The Turkey! Just before the first Thanksgiving, the Pilgrims and the American Indians went out on a turkey hunting trip, and thus began the tradition of eating turkey on this holiday. At O&H you'll be blown away by our moist and flavorful turkey. It's cooked up masterfully and seasoned to perfection.
2. The Sides! Turkey is always best with sides. Don't worry, we've got you covered! On your plate you'll find juicy cranberry sauce, succulent green beans and our delectable sweet potato casserole. Enjoy a veritable smorgasbord of Thanksgiving classics that look so good, you'll wonder what to dig into first!
3. The Gravy! Anyone can make a simple gravy, but making a great one is an art. We think we've got that art down pat. Our Thanksgiving dinner comes complete with thick and hearty giblet gravy. It's so good you'll want to pour it on everything!
4. The Convenience! Cooking up a Thanksgiving feast is hard work. Prep often starts days ahead of time, and spending all day in a hot kitchen isn't fun for a lot of people. At O&H, we'll do the cooking for you, leaving you free to enjoy yourself. No cooking, no cleanup, just a great meal!
5. The Value! For only $12.99* you can get yourself a generous helping of all this delicious food. Just stop by Otis & Henry's Bar and Grill between Nov. 25 and 29 and get in on our Thanksgiving Special!
How about some history:
Thanksgiving began in 1621 to celebrate the year's bountiful harvest. The Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony didn't expect such a large yield, due to the extremely harsh winter the year before, so they were overjoyed and hosted a feast to celebrate. They invited the Wampanoag Indians, who also lived in the area, and Thanksgiving was born. In 1863 President Abraham Lincoln declared the last Thursday in November to be Thanksgiving Day, a national holiday celebrated by the entire United States.
Today Thanksgiving is about gratitude and hope, not just for food but for all aspects of life. Unfortunately, it can be easy to forget that when you're rushing around the kitchen all day. Instead of exhausting yourself, come by Lady Luck Casino Caruthersville and enjoy a truly relaxing Thanksgiving dinner. Otis & Henry's offers a comfortable, welcoming dining environment that will put you in the perfect mindset for the holiday. The stunning views of the Mississippi River from our dining area will be just one of many items on your list of things to be thankful for!
After dinner, there's plenty more to take in at Lady Luck Casino Caruthersville. Our machines and table games offer hours upon hours of fun. Don't eat too much turkey — you'll want to be awake to try your hand at roulette or blackjack! If you'd rather play at your own pace, we have over 500 slot and video poker machines. With exciting promotions going on all throughout Thanksgiving week, including multiple chances to win free cash, there's no better time to stop by.
If Thanksgiving sounds like nothing but cooking, cleaning and stress to you, it's time to redefine it. Let Lady Luck Casino Caruthersville and Otis & Henry's Bar and Grill help you have a fun and fulfilling Thanksgiving. You'll be thanking us!
*Tax & gratuity not included.